Monday, November 22, 2010

Needs and Wants

The past two days of meetings I've attended have been on the 3rd step. When this happens, I just assume that God is trying to tell me something. I know that when things are getting scary in my life, I can looks towards the 3rd step to tell me God is taking care of me and everything will be ok.

Also, when things are going well, and I don't feel like doing the right thing, the 3rd step reminds me that I'm sober and only have the great life I have today because of God's grace.

Frequently, I get confused between what I WANT and what I NEED. I want all kinds of things, new shoes, clothes, money. God give me what I need. Friends, food, meetings and more.

I heard a woman once say that fear is the distance between what I want and what God is providing for me.

Maybe I'll remember that today.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.4

No comments:

Post a Comment