Wednesday, November 17, 2010

The Plan

In 2nd grade, I told my teacher Mrs. Bunch that I was going to be a doctor and live in Vine, Florida. I had even picked out a hospital to work at.

Going to rehab was definitely not in my plan.

As an alcoholic, surprisingly, I love making plans. Sitting in a new class, I'll already be planning the award speech I'm going to make when I when the prize in my newly discovered field.

When I plan, I plan big. And extravagant. And with paparazzi. There are teleprompters and flash photography.

So far, nothing since getting sober has actually turned out the way I planned. And that's a good thing. Thankfully, God has other plans for me.

Even though the glitz and the glam I imagine may seem big to me, relative to God, my imagination is small.

I have called it "alcoholic tunnel vision" before. I WANT this apartment. I WANT this job.

Am I am constantly reminded that God has bigger and better plans for me than I could ever conjure up for myself. God provides what I NEED.

Today, I am happy. And that is something I also never planned for.

Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.4

No comments:

Post a Comment